Warranty and Service – Personalized
Support and Lowest Cost of Ownership
Asylum Research is committed to providing the best possible service and support for our MFP-3D™ and Cypher™ Families of AFMs. It is our goal to provide the best products, support and service, and the lowest cost of ownership of any AFM company. We strive to support our customers on a personal level with the fastest support and service turnaround in our industry. Our objective is to have satisfied, well-trained, and successful customers to further today’s advancing technologies.
The Industry's Best Bumper-to-Bumper Warranties – Free of Charge
Asylum now includes the industry's only five-year warranty free of charge with all Cypher, MFP-3D and NanoIndenter Systems. The MFP-3D Origin™ includes a full two-year warranty – still best in class among other AFMs in its price range. The warranties cover all parts and labor, including shipping and any required travel expenses, for problems occurring due to normal usage. The cost is $0 to the user, making Asylum AFMs the lowest in cost of ownership. Because of our robust, reliable systems, you can be sure that the cost of ownership will remain low even beyond the warranty period. In the unlikely event that a repair is needed, you can be assured of the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
The Lowest Cost of Ownership of Any AFM
- Comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranties
- Superior productivity through system reliability, ease of use and exceptional data quality
- Full modularity and upgradability so you are never left behind
- Full software capabilities for every scanning technique - unlike competitive systems, there are no additional software modules to buy
- Free hardware support and software updates and support so you get the latest developments – for the entire life of the instrument
- Free OnSight Remote Support so we can view, control and diagnose your AFM over the Internet
- Free On-Line User Forum for up-to-the minute tips and solutions
- Regularly scheduled training courses and webinars to help you hone your skills
- The finest applications and technical support anywhere with the fastest response and solution turnaround, and lowest repair downtimes
< 8 working hrs. average response time
< 24 hrs. average solution/diagnosis time
< 48 hrs. average in-factory repair/replace time with no admin fees
- Hardware and software questions answered by scientists and engineers that have designed the instruments and are recognized as industry's leading scientists.
#1 in Customer Support
We offer many venues for customer support with the most knowledgeable staff that have been designing and supporting AFMs since the industry's inception. Asylum's staff has over 300 years of combined AFM experience. At Asylum Research, customer service is our priority, not a profit center. We pride ourselves with the fastest response and solution turnaround. And we will continue to offer support on equipment that is no longer being manufactured.
Customer Support Site
Our customer support site at https://support.asylumresearch.com is available to assist you at all times and allows you to quickly help yourself, get help from hundreds of other Asylum instrument users, or get help from our experienced technical staff. You can find:
- Downloads for the latest software and documentation
- FAQ articles written by the Asylum Research technical staff
- Forums where you can communicate (or listen in) with other Asylum Research instrument users.
- Contact information on how to call or e-mail us
Call 888-472-2795 or 805-696-6466 and ask for Support.
We offer a plethora of information on our website, under “Support.”
With nearly 3,000 registered participants this customer forum is ideal for users to exchange ideas, recommendations, and application information.
Our technical staff of scientists and engineers are here to help you get the most out of your instrument. In many cases, the person that is assisting you with technical questions has actually designed components on the instruments. We pride ourselves on answering technical questions from our support mailbox within eight working hours of receipt.
OnSight Remote Training and Troubleshooting of Your System
Asylum Research offers a unique training and troubleshooting capability with “OnSight”. OnSight allows us to be virtually at your site to diagnose and control your system remotely through the Internet. OnSight uses a web-based, screen sharing program to view and control the AFM system in a remote location. The web-based system enables shared screen, mouse and keyboard control of the user’s AFM. This easy and secure service works through firewalls and without the need for pre-installed
Typically, both the remote user and support team initially confer with a telephone call, then access their password-protected account through their web browser to make the connection. Once the connection has been made, remote system operation can be viewed on the host computer. Support scientists can easily talk customers through operation of their AFM system, or actually control their system to
assist the user. This service is offered free of charge to all customers.
Seek Asylum for Your Next AFM
Do not let your research be compromised by expensive downtime and lack of answers. No other AFM manufacturer can provide the reliable instrumentation and after-purchase support like Asylum Research.
See what our customers are saying about our service and support.