Built-in Advanced 3D Rendering and Data Analysis Capabilities
The Asylum AFM system software is based in IGOR Pro, a powerful data and acquisition analysis program that allows users to customize the interface. Now, generating, displaying and visualizing your AFM images – and in real time – has never been more powerful.
ARgyle™ – 3D Image Viewing
ARgyle, a built-in software enhancement to the system software, allows many advanced 3D viewing capabilities all while scanning samples in real time, and for offline analysis:
- Advanced OpenGL® rendering technology provides extensive capabilities utilizing the latest advances made by video card manufacturers.
- View images in 3D by simply clicking and dragging on the image to pan, rotate, tilt and zoom into specific areas of the image.
- Multiple images and channels of a single scan such as phase, amplitude, topography, MFM, conductivity may be opened and viewed simultaneously, or overlaid on a primary channel for signal correlation (see the image to the right).
- Independent scaling of each axis allows adjustment of aspect ratios to best represent your data. Now view your data with a 1:1 aspect ratio to visually compare height structures with scan size.
- Enhanced lighting effects provide shadowing on surfaces as the light is rotated. Specular highlighting creates reflection that enhances the features of surface roughness.
- Many color tables, along with a color table editor, provide optimal data rendering for stunning presentations.
- Files may be exported to the clipboard or saved as JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, or other files.
- Render your 3D AFM in “stereo” as an anaglyph. Red/cyan glasses allow the AFM image to appear with true depth perception. Email us to get a pair of 3D glasses to view the AFM images in "stereo" (right image below).
Real-time 3D rendering while you scan. AlOx, 2µm scan. Electrical current is overlaid on renedered topography. The yellow areas show regions of higher current, and blue of lower current.
Get Your 3D Glasses